Today is the day that your humble blogger behind The Solopreneur’s Guide, me, and leading online US Hispanic community, La Comunidad Online, partner up to give you a voice to speak to the growing Hispanic demographic here in the States.
Shameless self-promotion – maybe. Shameful – not at all. This is program gives you an excellent opportunity to speak to a new customer base. If I didn’t believe in it, I wouldn’t waste my time or yours.
In case you missed my post last week announcing today’s partnership launch, I’ll run through a few quick details.
Partners Eddie Galdamez and Maria Smith-Alvira created La Comunidad Online to help the US Hispanic community by connecting them with small businesses throughout the States – on both the local and national level –as well as providing visibility to worthwhile charities and social services.
The US Census Bureau published a piece in September 2008 with the following facts about the US Hispanic Community:
- 45.5 million people
- 1 in 2 people added to our population between July 2006 and July 2007 was Hispanic
- During this same period of time, the Hispanic community became the fastest growing minority group
- The US Hispanic population is only second in size to the country of Mexico
- The Hispanic community was the largest minority population in 20 states
- As of 2002, there were 1.6 million Hispanic-owned businesses
- Between 1997 and 2002, the number of Hispanic-owned businesses grew by 31%
- There were almost 30,000 Hispanic-owned businesses that had revenues in excess of $1 million
- 78% of Hispanics 5 and older speak Spanish at home
La Comunidad Online receives close to 800,000 hits a month by approximately 60,000 unique visitors – and growing rapidly. Previously, they offered companies the opportunity to publish bi-lingual banner ads and upload articles. But they decided it was time to give US-based small businesses (YOU) another opportunity to reach out to this massive market that equals approximately $1 trillion in purchasing power.
In case that number didn’t quite hit you, let me add in the zeros:
That’s mucho dinero to try to get your hands on. Here’s a list of what this new program gives you:
- Professionally written press releases, articles and interviews by yours truly
- Published in Spanish and English (which you can then use in your other marketing materials) on La Comunidad’s Press Releases, Articles and Interviews page
- Your PR piece will go out in La Comunidad’s monthly newsletter
- It will include a link back to your home page
- Your piece will appear on your state’s business page on La Comunidad with a teaser on their home page
You can go to my About page to see a bulleted list discussing some of my background accomplishments that you can leverage to your advantage. Additionally, I have been creating marketing copy for over 15 years – for companies ranging in size and industry focus. This includes copy for web sites, blogs, sales letters, email blasts, direct mail pieces, …. and press releases, articles and interviews – piquing your target’s interest and improving SEO.
So if you feel that your business has been a little sluggish lately or if you just want to reach out to a new audience with a virtual voice that resonates with a growing market, click through and sign up.
All The Best,
The Solopreneur’s Guide